1 April 2013

Bobbi Brown Corrector & Concealer Kit...

Hi everyone,

So it was payday last week and a well deserved shopping trip was in order! I went with Zoe and we ended up in the beauty section of Selfridges. I have relatively clear skin so I don't really use liquid foundation that much but I have really dark under eye circles. I also have pale, combination to oily skin so liquid foundations are a difficult product to get right! I usually stick to the high street brands as they are much more affordable, but as it was payday I thought I would treat myself.

I have been looking for a good under eye concealer for a while now and when we came across the Bobbi Brown counter I thought I had found the perfect product... turns out I hadn't.

So this is what I purchased...


Firstly I will talk about the Bobbi Brown Corrector. I purchased the corrector in the shade 'Light Bisque' as the pinkish tones in it will kind of balance out the blue tones of my dark circles. It cost me around £18. I am relatively pleased with this product as it does what it says on the tin. However, in my opinion it does have a few downsides. As with most natural blondes I have pale sensitive skin and the consistency of this product is really thick and creamy. I find that if I put it on really lightly with a brush in small dabbing motions it works ok but anything more harsh and my under eyes get really sore, not to mention cakey and cracked. BUT it does do what it says it will do, and it does it pretty well. Obviously as this corrector is not a 'skin' tone then I needed a concealer to work with it...


So I purchased the Bobbi Brown Concealer Kit in Porcelain. Honestly, this product is awful! The concealer is even thicker and creamier than the corrector so putting it onto my sensitive skin is almost impossible. It doesn't blend very well either, it just kind of sticks. I also found that due to the thick consistency of the concealer I just ended up 'pulling' the corrector off of my skin as I was trying to apply it. Which defeats the whole point of using a corrector in the first place. The white powder on the right of the product is the Sheer Finish Pressed Powder which should be used to set the concealer. I didn't really try to set it with this powder so I can't comment on this part of the product.

From left to right we have the Sheer Finish Pressed Powder, the Creamy Concealer, and the Corrector...



Overall I have mixed views on these Bobbi Brown products. The corrector I will use as long as I can find a product that works with it to blend it to match my skin tone. As for the Concealer Kit, it just didn't work for me.

Would I repurchase? I don't think so.
Sorry Bobbi Brown!

Lots of love,
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment