2 April 2013

First impressions and comparison review! Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation Vs. Revlon Nearly Naked foundation.


Ok so as you know from my Bobbi Brown review I have relatively clear skin so I've never really felt the need for liquid foundation. However, recently I have been interested in trying one as it will give me a bit more coverage and help reduce the dark circles under my eyes. However, as I have pale skin which is also oily I found choosing a liquid foundation really difficult!

I went to Boots and after about an hour and a half of trying out lots of different ones I decided to try the Bourjois healthy mix foundation as I saw on a couple of reviews that it was a light coverage foundation that was good for oily skin.

Zoe also has the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation which she has barely used as she is saving it for the summer months due to its light feeling and coverage. As both foundations have light coverage and claim to be good for oily skin I decided to try both and do a little first impressions/comparison review to see which one I liked more and which one was best for my skin.


Ok, so first, a makeup free face!

 

We decided to try the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation first. I applied this for Laura using a makeup sponge due to the runny consistency. After I applied the foundation we set it with the matching Revlon Nearly Naked powder.

 

And here is the end result.
Before powder:
 
From the front this looks fine, but once you see her jawline you can tell that it is very orange and doesn't blend onto the neck very easily.


After Powder:
 
Big mistake! Somebody's been tangoed! As you can see the powder is even more orange than the foundation and was a struggle to apply, instead of sweeping over the skin it felt like it was just sticking to the foundation, definitely hard to blend and definitely doesn't look natural.
 
 
 
Next we decided to try the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation. As this had a slightly thicker consistency I decided to apply it with a flat foundation brush. Straight away I could see that this was a better match for Laura's skin tone and was a lot easier to apply too. We didn't set this one with a powder.
 
 
 
And here is the end result..
 
As you can tell straight away it is a lot less orange and was a lot easier to blend onto the neck. This one looks a lot more natural and provides enough coverage, it smells good too!

 
Although both foundations were the same shade it became very clear that one was much darker than the other, we decided to swatch them next to each other and as you can see, there is a huge difference in shade!
 
Left to right: Revlon Nearly Naked, Bourjois Healthy Mix
 
 
 
So after comparing both foundations with Zoe, I feel that the Bourjois was better for both my skin type and colouring. Whilst the Revlon one didn't feel oily it was difficult to apply and was the wrong shade for my skin. I think that the Bourjois Healthy Mix not only smelt much better but was a much smoother consistency and was really easy to apply with a flat foundation brush. There were also many more shades to choose from in the Bourjois range. I was shade 52 Vanilla. So what do you think, nice and natural looking? I think so.
  

 
Products used in the photo above:
 
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in shade 52
Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque
Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder in Light Plus
Bourjois Blusher in Love-struck rose
Bourjois Intense eye shadow in shade 03
No7 Lash Adapt Mascara in Black
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in shade 001 Honey
 
 
We hope you liked this kind of first impressions/comparison review, let us know which products you'd like us to try out and review for you!
 
Laura & Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment