13 April 2013

Skin 79 BB Cream... A review!

Hi everyone,

Today I am going to post a first impressions review of the Skin79 BB cream. I have been doing a lot of research into BB creams recently as I wanted to find a product that would even out my skin tone and make me feel like I was wearing my usual makeup, without having to apply a liquid foundation every day. I basically wanted something that I could wear on days when I wasn't going to work, or going out anywhere special, that would give me a light coverage with out being too heavy or oily! So after a few days of research I decided to purchase the Skin79 Beblesh Balm for combination to oily skin.

Here are my first impressions...

Firstly I carried out my usual morning skincare routine using the Garnier fresh essentials refreshing gel wash, refreshing toner, and hydrating day care facial moisturiser, followed by my Bobbi Brown hydrating eye cream.



The Skin 79 BB cream comes in a hot pink bottle with a pump so the product is easy to use. The only downside to the packaging is that you can't see how much product you have left inside the bottle.
 
Below is my makeup free face (excuse the lack of eyebrows - blonde girl problems!) on the left, the bb cream swatch in the centre, and how I have applied it on the right. I chose to use my fingers to apply the product so I could see exactly how it went onto my skin.
 
 


 
The product has a greyish tint to it when you first pump it out of the bottle, but as you can see below once it is blended in it evens out the skin tone and almost changes colour to match the skin tone. The photo on the left is the product alone, in the centre I have set it with my mac mineralize skinfinish natural powder, and on the right is my finished makeup.
 


Personally I was really impressed with how even my skintone became after using this product. As I have fairly clear skin my main issues are redness and under eye circles, and I feel this product covered them almost as well as my liquid foundation does (Bourjois Healthy Mix in shade Vanilla).


The photos below show a before application (makeup free), after application (morning), and after wearing the product all day....
 
As you can see the BB cream has broken down a little towards the end of the day and my redness has started to show through along with my under eye circles, but I did spend most of the afternoon at the stables in the windy and wet conditions!  
 
Overall I was extremely impressed with the product. It claims to be whitening (although in my opinion it didn't make me any more pale), it has SPF25, and improves wrinkles (I don't have any wrinkles but I do have kind of puffy under eyes and it did smooth them out).
 
I would 100% recommend this product to anyone who doesn't want/need a full coverage foundation. It is really easy to apply, it blends into your skin well, it evens out skin tone, gives a light coverage, and even smells quite nice! The downside to this product is that it is not available in the UK :( I purchased mine off amazon.co.uk (from a seller called fantat trading) but on the positive side, although the estimated delivery was 3 weeks it arrived after only 10 days all the way from Korea!!
 
Would I repurchase? Yes  
 
 
I hope this review was helpful :)
 
 
Lots of love,
Laura x


No comments:

Post a Comment